Swimming pools are such a wonderful source of togetherness, fitness and fun during the summer months. And as much as we want to have a good time, we need to be mindful of safety around the pool. Here in Phoenix, AZ, skin care is also very important. Please take time to stock up on a good sunscreen. Our favorites here are Jason Sunbrellas® Sport Natural Sunblock SPF 45, Kiss My Face Sport Spray SPF 50, Kiss My Face Sunspray Lotion SPF 30, All Terrain AquaSport SPF 30 Spray, and ANY sunscreen by Devita.
In addition to our skin, we need to pay careful attention to swimming pool safety. Drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death in children. It is imperative that as a pool owner (or potential owner) that you stop to think about how you will protect the people in your life if you build or maintain a swimming pool. In Phoenix, our swimming season is very, very long. This poses a greater risk to children and those who are vulnerable so careful planning should be considered at the start of your project.
There are a variety of ways to maintain a safe backyard environment. A pool fence can make a great barrier. Some pool fencing is very flexible and is considered temporary. There are also pool covers and alarms. One such pool alarm called the Safety Turtle alerts when a child wearing a bracelet gets it wet.
In addition to preventing access to the pool or being notified of access to the pool, please consider some things that you can do to reduce the possibility of an accident.
1. Teach your children to swim. Some swim classes can be started when children are infants. And don’t stop with basic swimming skills. Have your children taught basic safety skills and even life-saving skills when age appropriate.
2. Learn to swim and learn life-saving and CPR skills yourself.
3. Never, ever leave your children alone around the pool. Stay with them even if the doorbell rings. Don’t put anything in the oven that you have to check while children are in or near the pool.
4. Take a cordless or cell phone with you in the backyard. Keep it accessible at all times.
5. If something does happen to force you to leave, have everyone get out of the pool with you and lock the pool fence behind you.
There will be more pool safety tips coming. This topic is so timely and so important that we will continue to educate and update you with the latest safety tips and pool safety equipment.
Saturn Pool Company is a Phoenix pool builder who excels in making happy customers. We offer new swimming pool construction, swimming pool remodeling, swimming pool repair, spas, bbqs, landscaping, and pool service. If you’re looking for a company with an automated phone system and multiple layers of authority for you to work you way through, you’re not going to be happy with us. People who appreciate being able to call one person for answers or for troubleshooting love Saturn Pools. Still reading? There’s a lot more info online, or by connecting with them on Facebook, or Twitter, or Email.