Fall in the Phoenix area may not be as dramatic of a change as in some other parts of the country, but there are still some tell-tale signs that the seasons are changing. Some of your trees may have the types of leaves that change color and fall off, temperatures drop at night, the water in your pool feels a lot cooler, and you turn off the air conditioner as well as open your windows. What’s more, fall is a great time to do some backyard landscaping and throw an impromptu party for your friends and family. Here are some more seasonal fall ideas that may get you thinking about pumpkins, pies, as well as backyard fun.
Fun Fall Ideas for Your Family and Friends
Backyard Fall Decor
As you notice the difference in temperature and a crisper smell in the air, you may want to swap out your summer decorations for these fall ideas:
- Create a fall planter in a big pot, a wheelbarrow, or a planter box. Fill it with mums, pansies, zinnias, as well as other colorful fall annuals. You can also add in some dried corn stalks, pumpkins, and gourds.
- Hang a leafy wreath on your front door.
- Dress up your picnic table with a plaid tablecloth. String up some lights, create a fall bouquet centerpiece, and you have the perfect setting for a small outdoor party or meal.
- If you don’t have much space in your yard, try these ideas for decorating a small front porch from The American Patriette.
Fall Pool Party
You know all about summer pool parties, but what about a fall pool party? In fact, if the temperatures in your pool are warm enough, you can use the pool. This is even more possible if you have a heated spa. Even if it is too cool for swimming, your pool deck can still be a great setting for a fall party.
Illuminate the area with tiki torches, LED pool lights, as well as outdoor string lights. Use space heaters and fire pits to warm up the area. Serve warm food and drinks, such as chili, pizza, spicy BBQ, fresh apple pie, hot cider, or tea. In addition, encourage your guests to wear appropriate clothing for the weather. If you want to keep your guests moving around to generate body heat (and laughs), try a snappy game of charades, Twister, or freeze dance.
Want to enjoy the fall colors in Arizona? Consider landscaping your yard with these pretty trees that grow well here as well as produce beautiful autumn colors:
- Chinese Pistache
- Flowering Pear
- Japanese Maple
- Modesto Ash
- Paperback Maple
- Silk Tree
- Serviceberry Tree
- Shumard Oak
Grow Zephtranthes, or Rain Lilies, to brighten up the fall months. In fact, this is a native perennial that bursts into bright colors in the fall.
Nothing says autumn like these mouthwatering recipes. Try a few, and share them with your family.
- Butternut Squash Soup from Love & Lemons
- Cranberry Rosemary One Pan Chicken from 40 Aprons
- Veggie Chili from The Pioneer Woman
- Pumpkin Gnocchi from Key to my Lime
- Fall Harvest Pasta Salad from Inspired by Charm
- Apple Cider Donuts from Pretty. Simple. Sweet.
Fall at Saturn Pools
We are always busy designing and building custom pools for homeowners in the Phoenix area. Fall is a nice time for pool building. Although our schedule won’t allow us to build a new pool for you this fall, if you are interested in these fall ideas as well as a new pool next year, now is the time to schedule your one-hour appointment with Saturn Pools owner, Nate Green. We are currently scheduling appointments in Phoenix, Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, Wickenburg, Wittmann, Waddell, Anthem, New River, Carefree, as well as Cave Creek ONLY.